This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workflow: Notify Managers about expiring Users?

Hello,

We have a requirement to inform Managers of any user accounts which are about to expire (not the password-expiry, but the "Account Expires" date, using attribute "accountExpires").

Idea was to have a Scheduled Workflow which would find the expiring users and then (individually) inform the Managers about their expiring subordinates. Ideally, I'd like that message to use variables to say for example:

Dear 'Manager-First Name',
The account for 'employee name' is about to expire on 'date'

The problem is that the Scheduled Workflow doesn't seem to offer all of the variables a regular Workflow has. For example, I'm unable to add 'Manager' as a Notification recipient and also cannot get it to send an individual email to each manager - and even for a generic message, I cannot get the names of the affected user accounts in the email (it doesn't accept the variables 'Operation.TargetObjectName' or 'Operation.Target["manager"]' which I've used in other, regular workflow notifications).

Any ideas how I can best accomplish this? Any help or pointers would be much appreciated! Thanks; regards,

Michiel