Synchronization Service - Step Handlers

Hi,

We just recently implemented the Active Roles Synchronization Service in our organization to aid in employee onboarding.

I am wondering what the "Step Handlers" can be used for? The documentation says the following:

"Sync workflow step handlers allow you to automatically perform custom actions either before running a workflow step or after the workflow step run results have been committed (written) to the data system. Out of the box, Synchronization Service includes a single predefined handler type that can automatically execute your custom PowerShell script and thus perform the desired action."

I was hoping to be able to use this to read the data collected from our HR software, check a specific attribute we are receiving from that system, and if it is set to a specific value, trigger an alert.

I tried using the $Srcobj hash table that is detailed in the documentation, but this appears to be only be available in the "Creation Rules".

Is there a way to reference objects in the source location from scripts running in the "Step Handlers" step?

Cheers