Update specific property for a user is not working during deprovision.

I have a deprovision policy which is supposed to update the property msExchHideFromAddressLists to True. This property takes boolean values only. When deprovisioning a user however, the policy fails to update this specific property.

What could be the reason for this?

Parents
  • There is a specific Deprovisioning policy option for this. Under User Deprovisioning Policies, select Exchange Mailbox Deprovisioning. The next screen has a bunch of options for handling the mailbox deprovisioning, including "Hide the mailbox from the Global Address List (GAL)".

However, when performing this manually as you have described, I was able to successfully set the referenced attribute to TRUE and upon deprovisioning the attribute was set accordingly. The upper/lower case of the word true does not seem to matter.

Does the Deprovisioning Results dialog or the Change History on the user that was deprovisioned show any errors when trying to set a value of True on the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute?

• There is a specific Deprovisioning policy option for this. Under User Deprovisioning Policies, select Exchange Mailbox Deprovisioning. The next screen has a bunch of options for handling the mailbox deprovisioning, including "Hide the mailbox from the Global Address List (GAL)".

However, when performing this manually as you have described, I was able to successfully set the referenced attribute to TRUE and upon deprovisioning the attribute was set accordingly. The upper/lower case of the word true does not seem to matter.

Does the Deprovisioning Results dialog or the Change History on the user that was deprovisioned show any errors when trying to set a value of True on the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute?

Children