PS> Can retrieve and evaluate client sessions, now I want to kill them

'CN=Client Sessions,CN=Server Configuration,CN=Configuration' `

Using the searchroot path above, I am able to retrieve the client sessions in PS> for-each ARS server.

I can shake and bake the results and get a list of stale sessions - often they don't self clear on their own.

I want to check for long stale sessions and use PS> to KILL them.  Kill them all.

I am looking at the values returned from query -and don't see a clear attribute or value to set - to tell ARS to end that session on demand.

Is there a way?

From the SDK - I found, and floundered with the following - setting 'true' did not appear to kill the active session.

End a disconnected session

edsaWTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsDisconnections

EDSA-WTS-User-Config-Timeout-Settings-Disconnections

End session

edsaWTSUserConfigBrokenTimeoutSettings (True)

EDSA-WTS-User-Config-Broken-Timeout-Settings

Parents
  • Using ARS debug logging - I performed a disconnect from within the ARS console, which recorded the following modifcation.to the DS.log  

<Attributes>
      <Attribute name="edsvaDisconnectNow" operation="Replace" type="Boolean">
        <Values>
         <Value>true</Value>
        </Values>
     </Attribute>
    </Attributes>

After a refresh of the client Sessions section in ARS console - the 'disconnected' stale session re-appears.... same as evidenced using  :

$DN = 'CN=UNIQUE-CN-4745-be77-9184a3992375,CN=Client Sessions,CN=Server Configuration,CN=Configuration'

set-qadobject $DN -objectAttributes @{edsvaDisconnectNow = 'True'} -connection $arsession

there appears to be a ghost in the garden.

Thoughts?

• Using ARS debug logging - I performed a disconnect from within the ARS console, which recorded the following modifcation.to the DS.log  

<Attributes>
      <Attribute name="edsvaDisconnectNow" operation="Replace" type="Boolean">
        <Values>
         <Value>true</Value>
        </Values>
     </Attribute>
    </Attributes>

After a refresh of the client Sessions section in ARS console - the 'disconnected' stale session re-appears.... same as evidenced using  :

$DN = 'CN=UNIQUE-CN-4745-be77-9184a3992375,CN=Client Sessions,CN=Server Configuration,CN=Configuration'

set-qadobject $DN -objectAttributes @{edsvaDisconnectNow = 'True'} -connection $arsession

there appears to be a ghost in the garden.

Thoughts?

Children
No Data