We held our third One Identity user conference during the first week of April in Lisbon Portugal. This informative and interactive event is held twice a year with venues alternating between Europe and the North America. This time, it was Europe’s turn to experience the full force of a bunch of IAM experts. Here’s a recap of how it went.
- High value to participants: I am confident that attendees know more about One Identity, our strategy, our future and our products than they knew before arriving. Word is getting out, as attendance this year increased by more than 33 percent over last year’s EMEA event. Additionally, topics discussed expanded beyond One Identity Manager to now include our Privileged Account Management products. Lastly, the number of sessions was increased and featured presentations from our development team, product managers, system consultants and executive leadership at One Identity. If you wanted to learn about One Identity, this was the event to attend.
- Lisbon is great. I’ve never been to Portugal before. Lovely location. Friendly people, most of whom speak English (my foreign language of choice is German). And the city is very affordable. Dinners were reasonably priced and there were no $3.50 Diet Coke. Rather, a Coke Light was more like 1 EUR or less. Once the airfare to Europe drops, I’ll definitely be taking my family.
The results speak for themselves. We just completed the event post mortem and the feedback from attendee evaluation forms was positive and detailed. But that doesn’t mean we’re done improving the event. Far from it. Here’s what we have in line for the next edition of this event:
- Customer presentations: After all, it’s a user conference, so users should be presenting, right? If you’d like to present, let us know. We’ll be opening up a call for speakers soon.
- Office hours: at future events, our Product Management team will be available for 30-minute 1:1 meetings. These will be scheduled in advance and are sure to book up quickly, so reserve your time slot early.
- Analyst presentation: We’ll likely have an industry analyst speak to provide perspective on the state of IAM and how they view One Identity in that market.
- Demo room: You’ll be able to experience innovations of our products in person. Plus, you will be able to learn how to optimize the use of your current One Identity product or get a tour of our other solutions.
Lastly, if you do visit Portugal, please visit Palazio Foz. We had a group dinner there and it was amazing. Here’s a link: https://www.viator.com/Lisbon-attractions/Palacio-Foz/d538-a17960.
And the news you have all been waiting for – the next event will be in October in California. If you’d like to attend, be on the lookout for your email invitation or drop me a note at email@example.com and I’ll make sure we get you an invite. See you in California!