Otto Group IT serves the technology needs of companies around the world. Its clients span industries, including retail, finance and logistics. As the conglomerate undertook digital transformation initiatives, its legacy identity governance and administration (IGA) system could not keep up with the rapid change and complexity of new technology being deployed at Otto Group.
To address this challenge, Otto Group IT implemented Identity Manager in a phased approach to provide identity lifecycle management, user self-service capabilities, governance and process orchestration across its highly distributed group of companies. Key systems integrated with the new IAM approach included Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 via Azure Active Directory, as well as the company’s proprietary enterprise resource planning (ERP) and IT service management (ITSM) suites. The IGA solution enabled Otto Group’s move to the cloud to accelerate, and it allows each customer company to implement IAM in the way that best suits their needs.
With Identity Manager, Otto Group realized:
- Seamless integration of SAP, ERP and other key systems
- Significant increase in user productivity
- Streamline provisioning from days or weeks to minutes
- Enable and accelerate digital transformation initiatives
- Build identity workloads that can handle constant change
- Manage more than 10,000 devices including request and administration of software