Group Sync Failing

Hi,

We have two domains within seperate forests (let's call them source and target). I've setup a syncronisation step to copy a group from the source domain, with the provisioning settings look for groups where the mail attribute is present. The target type is group (no change from source), and the following provisioning rules have been created, Member > Member; Description > Description; Mail > Mail; MailNickName > MailNickName. There is also a mapping for group <> group.

When I run the syncronisation step above, it completes successfully and identifies the correct groups (2 of them in this case) to be provisioned on the target. However, when I click on Commit, it shows 'Syncronisation profile complete. All changes committed', but shows 2 errors, one for each group, saying 'There is no such object on the server'. The full log entry is...

2013-06-11 12:11:50.1985 100 Warn --> Failed! Quest.QuickConnect.Server.RunProfileJobs.ApplyOperationsJob.ApplyOperationWrapper Quest.QuickConnect.Connectors.AdsiConnectorBase.AdsiConnectorBaseException: An error occured while creating the object 'GalTestGroup2' ---> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.

Nothing is created on the target.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

• To provide more accurate answer, we need to have mode details like version of the QC Sync Engine, version of the QC for AD and more detailed debug log ( for that you should switch log level from info to debug. In QC 5.2 you can do it in UI (switch to Verbose) in older version you should modify QC config file).

To fix you case I recommend you to move rule member to member from provisioning step to updating step.

In addition, to synchronize group membership you should map users between two domains.

But in any case detailed logfile will be helpfull.