SPS connection is rejected by Windows Server.

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem when connecting to a Windows server through SPP. Below is the error which I am receiving.

“Remote Desktop Connection This computer can’t connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator.”

To dig into this error, I have performed the following actions:

1. Tried connecting to the destination server by using regular RDP from client machine and the connecting is successful.
  2. Did ping test from SPP > Network Diagnostics, the result is success.
  3. Performed telnet from SPP > Network Diagnostics, the result is success.
  4. Did ping test from SPS > Basic Settings > Troubleshoot, the result is success.
  5. Performed telnet from SPS > Basic Settings > Troubleshoot, following is the result.

“Connecting to port 3389 of x.x.x.x…
Connection established…
Did not receive data through connection.
11: Resource temporarily unavailable
Done”

1. Viewed the Log Files from SPS by using following parameters:

Logtype: rdp
Day: Monday
Tail

1. Below is the URL of Tail Log View:

https://justpaste.it/5rr63

Your kind support will be highly appreciated in resolving this issue.

Please note, this issue is being faced on random Windows based servers.

--

Kind regards,

Muhammad Faraz Khan.

• 1. What is the detailed policy configured in Connection Request Policies and Network Polices;

2. Please check the NPS log in Event Viewer on NPS server, check the error message, it may indicate the reason why the connection is rejected.

3. If it is a domain environment, please check if the NPS is registered in DC.

Hope This Helps,

Peter

• are you logging into the server using a local or directory account ?

if you are using a local account in the connection tab then authentication type you'll choose directory account not password 

this fixed the problem with me.