Install starling withut SIM / mobile number

Due to personal data collection concern, is it possible to use Starling app on mobile phone without using the mobile phone #?

Would a desk line # can be provided (it is company info, not personal phone #) in the Starling admin page instead of mobile #?

Since the mobile app allow QR code to add account, would it be possible to generate QR code per user for them to register their installed app?

thanks.

Parents
  • Yes, it is possible to use a Desk phone instead of a Mobile phone number. In the app itself on the phone if you add the correct email address and the Desk phone number the app would work fine for push and phone calls. The only functionality lost would be SMS communication naturally. 

It should be noted that the mobile number for that user should be populated with the desk phone number so it is matched correctly. 

• Thanks. WE test and it works for voice activation via desk line.

Wonder if there is any chance the 2FA app can be registered without any phone number in development / roadmap?

End user do like the Defender registration (using a key / QR code), however currently it seems not available in Starling.

• Hi Taylor,

I'm not aware of any plans to not require a phone number in some fashion. Since a lot of our other products like Password Manager work with Starling 2FA and provide provisioning of users email and mobile numbers were selected as identifiers. It also makes recovery of a token easy as well if the app was deleted for some reason. 

Something might change down the road but I'm not aware of any plans. 

Leigh Grant

• Hi Taylor,

I'm not aware of any plans to not require a phone number in some fashion. Since a lot of our other products like Password Manager work with Starling 2FA and provide provisioning of users email and mobile numbers were selected as identifiers. It also makes recovery of a token easy as well if the app was deleted for some reason. 

Something might change down the road but I'm not aware of any plans. 

Leigh Grant

Children
No Data