TPAM or Safeguard Installation on VM's

Hello Everyone,

I am new to TPAM & Safeguard and wanted to install these products on VM.

Can anyone please suggest me how to do these setup? As far as I know Safeguard is having SPS, SPP and SPA and same with TPAM. So Do I need only 1 VM or 3VM's for each module like 1 for SPS, 1 for SPP, 1 for SPA.

So please share VM requirement as well. I checked in installation guide but seems it's not so clear.

Also on 2nd level , please suggest about network requirement to install this.

on Next level, I want to on-board 1 Unix and 1 Windows device and wanted to make connection through SPS and want to check recordings.

This is Phase 1 requirement. Please can anyone suggest. looking forward for your support.

Thanks,

Sushant

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank Leigh,

So for SPP we don't need any Operating System. Like Windows 10 or Server 2016 to install, as mentioned by Tawfiq it's a complete VM package.

Because I found on your portal , we need below requirement to install SPP:-

Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC including dynamic disks. If you are using KMS, the KMS server needs to be able to validate Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

·         Supported VMs:

·         Microsoft Hyper-V (VHDX)

·         VMware vSphere with vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) version 6.5 or higher

·         VMWare Workstation version 6.5 or higher

·         Minimum resources recommended: 4 CPUs, 10GB RAM, and a 60GB disk

Tawfiq comment:-

"OVA file is the Virtual appliance for SPP because this is a hardened appliance with no access to the OS layer so this can be deployed in VMware as a complete Virtual Machine so no software install required here."

PLease suggest, don't we need any Operating system to install it on VM. I hope for SPP & SPS both are compelate package and comes with OS also.

Thanks,

Sushant

• SPP is a self contained file but it is built upon Windows and that requires a Microsoft license. The documentation found here explains that further. So Tawfiq is absolutely correct. 

https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/one-identity-safeguard-for-privileged-passwords/2.11/administration-guide/65#TOPIC-1350294

Leigh Grant

• Hey Leigh,

So which OS is required for SPP? will it work on Windows Server 2012 or 2k16?

Thanks,

Sushant

• You do not need to supply a server O/S to deploy SPP. Just an MS server license.

As has been mentioned in this thread the OVA file is a pre-built SPP VM that can be imported into multiple Hypervisors. Emphasis on pre-built. It includes the hardened O/S and the SPP application code.

All you have to supply is am MS license for each VM you deploy. Without an MS license the VM will not work.

Safeguard can only be deployed as a hardened appliance. Think black box solution here where the server element of the black box is licensed with the server hardware that is shipped. With the VM you again get a pre-built Virtual Black box but rather than have to supply a unique MS license with each VM, a universal OVA file is supplied and the licensing of the MS server element is left to you. 

It is not Cyberark if that is what you are confusing build requirements with.

Tim

• Yes exactly:-) It's not CyberArk that's why little bit confusing.

Okay Thanks very much Tim.