Upgrade to 2.5.922 removes network settings and cannot put appliance in operational state

Hi,

I am preparing a scenario for appliance upgrade from 2.5.918 to 2.5.922 in order to have all necessary steps in a customer scenario. According to release notes I first must apply OS Patch 310699 and then upgrade to 2.5.920 before I can upgrade to 2.5.922.

Scenario:

1 TPAM appliance (no replicas)

1 DPA

Steps so far:

1. Applied OS Patch 3106991 with appliance in version 2.5.918 - patch applied OK - Could put appliance in Operational mode OK

2. Applied upgrade to 2.5.920 - Patch applied without errors - tried to put into operational mode and got the following errors:

2.1 In /admin interface: System Status/Settings > Cluster Management > Change run level to Operational I get Run Level change encountered an error. And checking the cluster status I get:

Last Refresh (local time): Wed Nov 11 2020 22:31:37 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Failure-The type initializer for 'Quest.PerlWS.WebServices.ClientFactory' threw an exception.

2.2. In /config interface: Network Settings > View Running values

Failure-The type initializer for 'Quest.PerlWS.WebServices.ClientFactory' threw an exception

2.1 In /config interface: Network Settings > Modify Network Settings there is no IP address (blank), no gateway, no MTU size, If I try to put the data and do Save I get:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(TextReader textReader)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
Network Settings Change Failed
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Is there a hot fix for this type of error or am I missing something? Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you.

Parents
  • I have never seen this happen before and have carried out the upgrade many times so have no direct experience of a fault like this.

Looking at your description I am wondering if the part of the patch that upgrades the Web services has failed.

You are still able to login to the various I/F's so while the I/P's are not displayed they it does not sound like they have been lost.

If it was me I think I would start by re-applying the patch from the Web I/F (if it will let your) or if not via CLI (assuming you have a cli user or can create one).

You could trawl through the patch logs and various alert logs to see if these give you a clue as to what went wrong.

I would also pull a support bundle before you do anything else in case you need t engage with the Support guys.

Good luck

Tim

• Thanks for the response, the appliance can be reached thru the Web interface, so I changed the run level to operational thru the CLI without issues, but in the Web interface, I get the same errors....I think it maybe the web user interface, will try to look for a hot fix somewhere so I can fix this...

• I cannot say I have ever come across such a patch so your best bet will be to contact support to see if they have anything.

Did you try looking through the patch and other logs to see if there was any clue there? Did you try re-applying the patch?

I would be interested to know what caused this and if you find a solution as I have a similar job to do at the end of the month.

All the best

Tim

• I cannot say I have ever come across such a patch so your best bet will be to contact support to see if they have anything.

Did you try looking through the patch and other logs to see if there was any clue there? Did you try re-applying the patch?

I would be interested to know what caused this and if you find a solution as I have a similar job to do at the end of the month.

All the best

Tim

Children
No Data