Password repository

Dear Team,

We need to store passwords for critical systems (as a password repository). Can we use the T-PAM manager to achieve this?

Parents Reply
  • I am trying to store passwords. but facing some issue.

Procedure - I have added one system .

System name - windows.

IP - 172.16.1.1

Platform:- Other.

When i select the platform other the connection option is grey out so my question is from where i need to enter the password and where i can store.

If needed from where i can retrieve the same password.

Children
  • Hi Jafar

Why do you want to add a functional account in the connection information section? I thought you said you did not wish to manage passwords.

Platform type "Other" does not support password management so does not give the ability to add a functional account You just need to supply a name and some sort of network address. In the case of platform type "Other" this could even be "Unmanaged_Passwords" It does not have to be a real network address.

The accounts you add could be from multiple systems as long as you identify them as such.

If you do wish to manage passwords then you will need to select the correct platform type and then add the functional account details in the connection section.

If you do not wish to manage passwords then just provide the system details and then add the accounts you wish to store to that system and permission them as for any other account. IE direct permission or via a collection containing the system or the account.

Best regards

Tim