Not able to add system

Dears,

I want to add one DMZ server in my TPAM device.

Steps i have followed:-

create a local account ppmuser in DMZ server.

Given the administrator rights to the ppmuser.

When i tried to add system in the TPAM it is showing the error "test system is failing is due to the computer name mismatch"

I have gone through the below documents and change the setting accordingly but still the same issue is happening.

Error: "Test system is failing due to computername mismatch. Please verify the expected computername." when testing system (225606) (oneidentity.com)

I have one doubt:- When i add the system in TPAM. in the platform do i need to add windows or windows active directory.

I didn't configure the active directory in my server.

Can anyone help me with this?

Parents
  • Hi Jafar,

What version of TPAM are you using? there have been few changes depending on the version used.

Did you already add the NETBIOS computer name of the target system in TPAM in all uppercase here > "Computer Name" field is located in "Select target System |  Details tab | Information tab" ?

Could you share the full log result of the Test System? (you can replace the IPs and names if required)

The platform for a Windows member server should be set as Windows and not as Active Directory.

Thanks!

• Hi Jafar,

What version of TPAM are you using? there have been few changes depending on the version used.

Did you already add the NETBIOS computer name of the target system in TPAM in all uppercase here > "Computer Name" field is located in "Select target System |  Details tab | Information tab" ?

Could you share the full log result of the Test System? (you can replace the IPs and names if required)

The platform for a Windows member server should be set as Windows and not as Active Directory.

Thanks!

Children
  • @Tasfiq.Ahmad

Thanks for your reply.

The current TPAM version is 2.5.920.

Yes i added the system name.

Actually regarding the logs i am unable to upload the pictures. that's why i wrote down the logs manually below:-

-partition name= sname-192.168.1.1
    -Gathering the information necessary to perform check of 192.168.1.1 - Processing the request DPA at 10.0.0.1
    - Cheking the windows system at 192.168.1.1 using ppmuser failed
    - Could not connect to server 192.168.1.1
    - Connectioned failed: NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
    - failed to make ipc connection: NT_STATUS_TO_TIMEOUT
    - test system may be failing due to computer name mismatch,please verify the expected computer name
    - Found which doesnt match stored value(SYSTEMNAME).
    - Processed the system check on 192.168.1.1 in 7.0447044 second

I have added the platform as a window and checked that port 445 is open.

• It seems DPA is unable to connect to the target server and then timeout , is the port 445 open between DPA to DMZ Server or only from TPAM to DMZ Server?

- you can test Telnet from DPA to verify (connect to DPA via remote SSH or console), see the KB below:

https://support.oneidentity.com/tpam/kb/153256/how-to-perform-a-telnet-port-test-from-tpam-or-dpa

Does Test System work if the System > affinity is set to Local Server?

What version is this DPA?

What OS is the target DMZ Server running?

• @Tawfiq.Ahmad

Thanks for the information

The port 445 open b/w TPAM and the target server. but need to check the port is open or not b/w DPA and target server. as well as i will check the DPA version.

The target of OS is the 2008 server.