This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Group 'Managed By' filled with a group and not a user

Hey all.

We would like to know if it is possible to have a group 'Managed by' field populated with another group that has several users that need to add users in and out of the groups. E.G. Reports group has 'managed by' populated with reports_custodians group. Within the reports_custodians group we have Bob, Mike and Julie who need to add/remove users to the reports group via the selfservice portal.

We are currently using the selfservice portal with some customisations that show all the groups people are managers of. This works perfectly.

Thanks for your feedback.

• If you are currently using the "My Managed Resources" feature (see KB 135371), it offers a checkbox to give SecondaryOwners visibility of the groups they can manage as well so you could populate the Secondary Owners attribute instead of trying to put a group in ManagedBy (which is not supported - nor are multiple values there).

• Thanks, JohnnyQuest.

That was the exact answer I had been searching for. 

• Hi Johnny - can you maybe elaborate on that checkbox? The way I've set things up (according to KB 135371), I don't think the objects where I have Secondary Mgmt rights show up?

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

</nevermind>

Hmm, just had another closer look at this and I noticed the option at the bottom of my screen saying "Show resources owned through secondary or inherited ownership"

All clear! Sry about that :)