is there a way to kill a looping scheduled tasks under Active Roles

I have a question is when I want to terminate a long running tasks triggered from Scheduled tasks under Quest Active Roles.  Despite I requested "terminate" many times, it always get the status "still executing"

is there a way to force kill a long-running script or a script never ending?  Just like to kill a tasks in task manager?

Rgds

Parents
  • Hi stephenlee

Within a Scheduled task within Configuration\Service Configuration\Scheduled Tasks, you can set a limit as to how long a particular scheduled task can run for. If you open the scheduled tasks properties and go to the Schedule tab, you can check the "Stop the task if it runs more than:" check box, then set after how many hours/minutes you want it to stop.

There is currently a KB listed Schedule Task termination does not stop triggered script (285050), which is listed as affecting Active Roles 7.3.3, 7.3.1, 7.2.1 and 7.2 (however its still listed as a known issue in Active Roles 7.4.x, but I'll check if this was an oversight).

The workflow for this issue would be to restart the Active Roles Administration Service which is running the Scheduled Task, or wait for the schedule task to complete. 

• I've confirm with R&D, this known issue is still present in 7.4.x. I don't have an eta for the fix, so would recommend to check back on the KB later.

I'll ask support to update the KB to include the 7.4.x versions also.

Reply Children
No Data