Failed to add Managed Domain

Hello,

I tried to add management Domain in Active Roles version 8.1 and I got this error -  " The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"
I tried everything from KB without success

Description of the problem -

1. one domain connected to Active Roles and possible to send ping to Domain name "yosef.lab" (that connected to AR)

2.try to send ping to AD with IP Address with success.

3. try to send ping to second domain name "yosef2.lab" (my second Domain) without success.

Resolution 

1. add the DNS IP of second Domain ("yosef2.lab") in default Ethernet Adapter 

2. set this DNS IP (second Domain) as Preferred DNS server

3. send ping to second Domain with success Slight smile

OR

1. add conditional forward in your DNS 

Let me know if It's helped

Parents
  • One way or another, if you want to manage a domain it must be resolvable via DNS.  I.E. ping <domain FQDN> works from the network where the Active Roles admin service resides.  It is NOT necessary to have a trust with the domain if you use an override account to access the domain (the recommended / most secure approach)

• One way or another, if you want to manage a domain it must be resolvable via DNS.  I.E. ping <domain FQDN> works from the network where the Active Roles admin service resides.  It is NOT necessary to have a trust with the domain if you use an override account to access the domain (the recommended / most secure approach)

Children
No Data