This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Rebuild] - script call to rebuild a dynamic group, anyone?

Ok, Scriptsmiths - do any of you have a script you use to trigger a dynamic group membership 'Rebuild' programmatically?   The builtin scheduled task that performs the nightly evaluation and rebuild - lists a blank value where a script would be ..., and although I'm sure there must be a way to script-trigger the schedule task to run - I don't want to rebuild all groups.  Just the one or two mammoth groups that choke during the nightly.    I have a very large group or two, with  50K+ members - and last Thursday night after the general rebuild, it had only 13K users in tow.  So I had 37K upset users the day after.  It felt like every one of them was trying to OCS me at the same time.   I launch the gui, I find the group, I click the button [Rebuild] and a few thousand seconds later - happy users.

Any existing script in play by an ARS admin anywhere - or an inkling of where to start with a script that lets you trigger a group rebuild from the command line without having to evaluate/rebuild all DG's at the same time?

tia

OMG this captcha kills me - it LOOKS LIKE A STORE FRONT TO ME!

Parents
  • Not sure if you have considered this but could you make a different (and hopefully less busy) ARS server responsible for your two large dynamic groups?

The affinity of the group is stored in the virtual attribute edsaDGOriginatingService.

Just thought I would put that out there.

• Not sure if you have considered this but could you make a different (and hopefully less busy) ARS server responsible for your two large dynamic groups?

The affinity of the group is stored in the virtual attribute edsaDGOriginatingService.

Just thought I would put that out there.

Children
No Data