This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generation of Custom Entry Value

Hello,

we are using ActiveRoles Version 7 and want generate a new custom entry for resource mailbox scheduled options on the web interface.
I have, as described in the Active Roles SDK documentation under point "Creating a Custom Entry", created the entries for edsaWIForms, edsaWIEntries and edsaWIStrings.
Following I add the Get_XXX and Set_XXX procedures to the file '<WI folder>\Public\CustomCode\Entries.vbs.
This worked, but the RegisterAttributeControl method seems not to work.

Does someone has a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Thomas Welker

Following my Entries.vbs script.

<%
' Put code for your entries here.

Sub Get_KBIT_MailboxResourcePolicy(ByRef objFormContext, ByRef objFormPage)

Dim strHTML, boolAllowConflicts, strAllowConflictsChecked, boolAllowRecurringMeetings, strAllowRecurringMeetingsChecked, boolScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours, strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHoursChecked, boolEnforceSchedulingHorizon, strEnforceSchedulingHorizonChecked

boolAllowConflicts = CBool(objFormContext.GetValue("edsva-MsExch-AllowConflicts"))
  boolAllowRecurringMeetings = CBool(objFormContext.GetValue("edsva-MsExch-AllowRecurringMeetings"))
  boolScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours = CBool(objFormContext.GetValue("edsva-MsExch-ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours"))
  boolEnforceSchedulingHorizon = CBool(objFormContext.GetValue("edsva-MsExch-EnforceSchedulingHorizon"))

If boolAllowConflicts = True Then
     strlAllowConflictsChecked = "checked='checked'"
  Else
     strAllowConflictsChecked = ""
  End If

If boolAllowRecurringMeetings = True Then
     strAllowRecurringMeetingsChecked = "checked='checked'"
  Else
     strAllowRecurringMeetingsChecked = ""
  End If

If boolScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours = True Then
     strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHoursChecked = "checked='checked'"
  Else
     strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHoursChecked = ""
  End If

If boolEnforceSchedulingHorizon = True Then
     strEnforceSchedulingHorizonChecked = "checked='checked'"
  Else
     strEnforceSchedulingHorizonChecked = ""
  End If

strHTML =  _
      "<li style='list-style-type:none'><label><input type='checkbox' id='AllowConflicts' name='AllowConflicts' value='AllowConflicts' " & strAllowConflictsChecked & ">&nbsp;Allow conflicting meeting requests</label></li>" _
    & "<li style='list-style-type:none'><label><input type='checkbox' id='AllowRecurringMeetings'name='AllowRecurringMeetings' value='AllowRecurringMeetings' " & strAllowRecurringMeetingsChecked & ">&nbsp;Allow repeating meetings</label></li>" _
    & "<li style='list-style-type:none'><label><input type='checkbox' id='ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours'name='ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours' value='ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours' " & strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHoursChecked & ">&nbsp;Allow scheduling only during working hours</label></li>" _
    & "<li style='list-style-type:none'><label><input type='checkbox' id='EnforceSchedulingHorizon' name='EnforceSchedulingHorizon' value='EnforceSchedulingHorizon' " & strEnforceSchedulingHorizonChecked & ">&nbsp;Reject repeating meetings that have an end date beyond the booking window</label></li>"

Call objFormPage.Write(strHtml)

objFormPage.RegisterAttributeControl "AllowConflicts", "edsva-MsExch-AllowConflicts"
  objFormPage.RegisterAttributeControl "AllowRecurringMeetings", "edsva-MsExch-AllowRecurringMeetings"
  objFormPage.RegisterAttributeControl "ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours", "edsva-MsExch-ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours"
  objFormPage.RegisterAttributeControl "EnforceSchedulingHorizon", "edsva-MsExch-EnforceSchedulingHorizon"

End Sub

' Save value of user four option checkboxes

Sub Set_KBIT_MailboxResourcePolicy(ByRef objFormContext)

'Dim strAllowConflicts, strAllowRecurringMeetings, strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours, strEnforceSchedulingHorizon, outFile

' Retrieve the value passed with the mailbox feature checkboxes
  strAllowConflicts = Request("AllowConflicts")
  strAllowRecurringMeetings = Request("AllowRecurringMeetings")
  strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours = Request("ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours")
  strEnforceSchedulingHorizon = Request("EnforceSchedulingHorizon")

Set objFSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

outFile="c:\ARS_Set_KBIT_MailboxResourcePolicy.log"
  Set objFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile(outFile,True)
  objFile.Write "AllowConflicts: " & strAllowConflicts & vbCrLf
  objFile.Write "AllowRecurringMeetings: " & strAllowRecurringMeetings & vbCrLf
  objFile.Write "ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours: " & strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours & vbCrLf
  objFile.Write "EnforceSchedulingHorizon: " & strEnforceSchedulingHorizon & vbCrLf
  objFile.Close

If strAllowConflicts = "AllowConflicts" Then
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-AllowConflicts", True
  Else
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-AllowConflicts", False
  End If

If strAllowRecurringMeetings = "AllowRecurringMeetings" Then
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-AllowRecurringMeetings", True
  Else
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-AllowRecurringMeetings", False
  End If

If strScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours = "ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours" Then
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours", True
  Else
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-ScheduleOnlyDuringWorkHours", False
  End If

If strEnforceSchedulingHorizon = "EnforceSchedulingHorizon" Then
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-EnforceSchedulingHorizon", True
  Else
    objFormContext.SetValue "edsva-MsExch-EnforceSchedulingHorizon", False
  End If

End Sub
%>

Parents
  • Hi, Thomas.

Your use-case makes sense. The SDK documentation for this function is not especially clear, though I would interpret in the same way that you have. Unfortunately I'm not sure that I can offer any more insight. You may need to open a case with Support on this one. I would recommend that you create the simplest possible example of the problem before speaking with them, though.

Sorry I couldn't offer more! Best of luck.

• Hi, Thomas.

Your use-case makes sense. The SDK documentation for this function is not especially clear, though I would interpret in the same way that you have. Unfortunately I'm not sure that I can offer any more insight. You may need to open a case with Support on this one. I would recommend that you create the simplest possible example of the problem before speaking with them, though.

Sorry I couldn't offer more! Best of luck.

Children
No Data