This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Script assembly Webapp_VI_StandardWeb_Debug_AP not found in 'DialogScriptAssembly'.

I'm getting the following error in the event viewer after installing the web application:

I'm using the latest edition, fresh deployment of V7.1 SP1 released 2/10/2017

I tried to complie the web project from the web designer, but it failed with no error details.

I tried to copy the DLLs from QBM as referred in this post, but it did not solve my issue.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/iam/f/4789/t/19974253

VI.Base.ViException: Script assembly Webapp_VI_StandardWeb_Debug_AP not found in 'DialogScriptAssembly'.
at VI.DB.Scripting.DialogAssemblyProvider.CreateScriptAssembly()
at VI.DB.Scripting.DynamicAssemblyProviderBase.GetScriptAssembly()
at VI.DB.Scripting.CachingAssemblyProvider._CacheSourceClass()
at VI.DB.Scripting.CachingAssemblyProvider.CreateScriptAssembly()
at VI.DB.Scripting.DynamicAssemblyProviderBase.GetScriptAssembly()
at VI.DB.Scripting.DialogScriptSupplierBase.GetScriptAssemblyAsync(String name, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at VI.WebRuntime.WebProjectAssemblyLoader.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<Load>b__0()
at VI.Base.SyncActions.Do[T](Func`1 function)
at VI.WebRuntime.ApplicationInfoGroup.LoadWebAssemblyWithFallback(IWebAppDbConfig webAppDbConfig, String databaseId, IWebProjectAssemblyLoader assemblyStore, String webProjectName, Boolean loadBranchAssemblies)
at VI.WebRuntime.ApplicationInfoGroup.LoadWebAssemblyWithFallback(IWebAppDbConfig webAppDbConfig, String databaseId, IWebProjectAssemblyLoader assemblyStore, String webProjectName, Boolean loadBranchAssemblies)
at VI.WebRuntime.ApplicationInfoGroup.LoadAppInfoSafe(IWebAppDbConfig webAppDbConfig, IWebProjectAssemblyLoader assemblyStore, ITempFileManager tempFileManager, String webProjectName, Int32 projectGroupIndex, Boolean loadBranchAssemblies)
at VI.WebRuntime.ApplicationInfoGroup.LoadAppInfo(IWebAppDbConfig webAppDbConfig, IWebProjectAssemblyLoader assemblyStore, String webProjectName, Int32 projectGroupIndex, Boolean loadBranchAssemblies)
at VI.WebRuntime.ConfigurationUpdater.LoadAppInfoGroup(IApplicationInfoGroup appInfoGroup, Boolean loadBranchAssemblies, String projectName, Int32 projectGroupIndex)
at VI.WebRuntime.ConfigurationUpdater.GetMainAppInfoGroup(Boolean forceCheckImmediately)
at VI.WebRuntime.ConfigurationUpdater.GetAppInfoGroup(String branchId, Boolean forceCheckImmediately)
at VI.WebRuntime.Communication.RequestAuthenticationModule.GetApplicationInfoForCurrentRequest(HttpRequestBase request, String branchId)
at VI.WebRuntime.Communication.RequestAuthenticationModule.Execute(IRequestModuleInfo validatorModuleInfo)
at VI.WebRuntime.Communication.HttpModuleWebRuntime.ContextOnPreRequestHandlerExecute(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)

• Done and working. 

I've would add some amendments to the product release notes:

To update the Web Portal to version 7.1.1

1. Uninstall the Web Portal.
    2. Go to Manager, compile the database->Select only "Web project compilation". If some errors appear, go to web designer and fix them. Repeat the process until you're clear of errors and the compilation ends up clean.
    3. Install the Web Portal.

Regards!

• Hi,

you might want to take a look at the Web Designer Changes documents as well which is on the product DVD. It is accessible from the Autorun in version 7.1.1.

HtH

• Hi juancarlos,
    1. there is no web project compilation in "Manager"
    2. If you use "DB Compiler" or "Designer" to compile the web projects, it still does only call Web Designer Compiler and does exactly the same then compile in "Web Designer" itself.

Still it is a good approach to correct all the errors.
  • Hi nafejer,

The fix you mentioned in your post, is not a fix but a very bad and sad attempt. It can cause more harm then good. Just copy around some random files does not make a lot of sense.

Maybe you could share a screenshot from Web Designer, where we can see the error, which just says fails. Or a screenshot from the compilation like this one:

Also did you check DialogScriptAssembly? 

Regards,

Geraldine