This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SAP Department and Manager

Hi,

My source data for OneIM 7.1.2 is SAP HCM.

Ran the initial sync it pulls the complete data in OneIM, but the value is empty for Department manager and Employee manager.

Any pointers why I don't see ?

regards,

Vijay

• Hi Vijay,
    My first guess would be that the chosen template was wrong. The correct one is SAP R/3 HCM employee objects. This can be checked by Edit>Edit synchronization project>Migration. In the field origin one can see the used template.
    When the template was correct the department manager is mapped through the Managers mapping. Check that the Managers are also synchronized. This may be seen at the Workflows>"Initial Synchronization">Enable/disable synchronization step. Then you can check the synchronization log, if there were any errors. The logging was most likely not active, therefore activate the logging for OneIM side and synchronize again. It is enough to synchronize only the managers. If this doesn't help then one may check with the Target System Browser, if the property is even filled in SAP (Target system>Browse).

Employee manager is not synchronized through the default template.
  • Thanks a lot Tomi.

I use hcm connector, the sap data is not updated one from production, so it was having very few department with manager's name.

So by default the connector won't update the employee manager (person.uid_personhead). How to achieve this ?

Thanks,
    Vijay
  • Hi,

As per the latest update I can see OneIM pulls the department manager, but the customer environment is having Line manager also and its updated in SAP through lookup functionalities from different table. I need to update the OneIM with the Line manager data as the IT shop goes for approval workflow with LM and currently it's empty.

Please advice me how to get the data from SAP.

Logic per SAP team:

From Employee Active BAPIP0001B1~position "xvalue"

Then go to table HRP1001 and Check for relationship for this Position to Org unit.

Anyone who has an active "XYZvalue" relationship to another org unit means that employee is the manager of that org unit.

How to achieve this.

Thanks,
    Vijay