This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email Notification Exchange 2013 error

Hi Experts,

Am trying to send an approval email notification in version 8.0 and gives me the below certificate error.

Please find the below log and configuration parameter.

I have used the same SMTP server in my password manager and notification works well over there.

When I send directly from powershell ISE also it works fine.

Send-MailMessage -From $From -to $To -Subject $Subject -Body $Body -SmtpServer $SMTPServer -port $SMTPPort  -Credential (Get-Credential)

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

• In version 8, we have updated the 3rd party component that is used for the mail operations. It enforces the normal, windows integrated, validity checks for the certificate used by the mail server (The older version simply allowed every certificate as valid which is not a secure choice at all).

I assume you are using self-signed certificates for your mail server and the job server machine that is executing the jobs do not trust the certificate or the CA that created the certificate.

So as written by George Cerbone you need to ensure that your machine trusts the certificate or the CA if the Job Service is running as system user.

• Hi Markus,

The certificate is issues by local CA. I did not get any certificate error in browser. Job service is running using domain account. Job server is also part of same domain. Do I need to use the service account used by job service for SMTP authentication? Do I need to get the certificate used by exchange and install it in Trusted stored of the Job server ?

• Did you test the certificate in the browser using the service account of the job server? You need to trust the complete certificate chain including the local CA as the authoritative source.
  • Hi Markus,

Yes. I tested with service account (logged in to job server using service account). There is no certificate error.
  • So this is now the time to contact support I suggest.
  • A fix for this issue is now available from Support. Please contact Support, providing your version number of Identity Manager and quote Defect ID 29512.