This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to request IT Shop assignments for hierarchical role?

Is there an out of the box method to request an item in the IT Shop for a hierarchical role (Departments, Business Roles, etc.)?

I didn't think there was, but then noticed that the very last example in the IT Shop administration guide shows a person requesting an Active Directory group for a Department (see  link below).

https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/identity-manager/8.0/it-shop-administration-guide/60#TOPIC-861552

We don't actually use Departments today, but would like to be able to request System Roles for Business Roles.

Parents
  • Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like we customized our environment at some point to disable the ability for Business Role owners to request assignments for their roles. I re-enabled it in our Dev environment and was able to to play around with this a little. I still have to figure out how Assignment Resources are intended to be used as I think we bent them to our will, but I'm on the right track now.
  • Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like we customized our environment at some point to disable the ability for Business Role owners to request assignments for their roles. I re-enabled it in our Dev environment and was able to to play around with this a little. I still have to figure out how Assignment Resources are intended to be used as I think we bent them to our will, but I'm on the right track now.
Children
No Data