This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

daily AD-Fullsync takes up to 8 hours

Hello Guys,

i have the following situation:
we start daily 5 AD-Fullsync Jobs at the same time 00:00, one of them randomly gets finished after 2 hours, but the other 4 Jobs always take up to 8 hours till they are finished !

is there a way to speed up the jobs?

Our Environment : Q1IM 6.0.1 
TargetSystem\ADS\UseUSN is activated
TargetSystem\ADS\SyncObjects\*\VerifyUpdates are not activated
TargetSystem\ADS\EnableRAS is not activated

i already use the SchemaValidation trick as you can see below, but it does also not help...

should i maybe start the jobs with time delay? any ideas?

thanks for your help in advice

best regards,
Tarigh

• Hi Tarigh,

Take a look at the following: support.oneidentity.com/.../63

In addition, as you are running an old version, you would see performance improvements by upgrading.

A sync duration depends on many factors including the number of objects being synced, database performance, network speed, and so on.

Are you running a full sync 5 times daily? Perhaps look at running one full sync for all objects and delta syncs that run for specific objects (users) for changes only.

There is a lot to consider. If the sync is taking very long to run it may be database performance, the DC is slow to respond, etc. Are the syncs running at a time of day when there is increased network traffic? More requests to the domain controller?

Without a detailed look at the environment it's hard to say what could be going on. Take a look at the article above, as well as how your database server is responding.

Trevor
  • Hello Trevor,

thank you for your helpful reply.

I start 5 Fullsync-Jobs for 5 different domains at the same time (00:00 AM, low network traffic) , but it looks that only 1 Fullsync can be processed in parallel...

as you have suggested, i will try to create a delta sync only for user-object (for changes only), because i need the user master data changes as quick as possible in database.

i have also set the (DialogColumn.IsToWatch for ADSAccount.LastLogon) to false to prevent unnecessary write operations in DialogWatchProperty, i hope that will improve the update speed in db. however i will keep you informed.

best regards,
    Tarigh