Optimizing Exchange Online syncs?

In 8.0.1. it seems to take a rather long time to complete an Exchange Online synchronization. I was wondering if anyone else has any base data on this as fetching a single mail user seems to take 10 - 20 seconds for example and in an environment with tens of thousands of these (+ all other objects) this piles up to a rather long sync even if you set it as a revision sync. 

Anyone having similar experience and has someone witnessed if there has been an improvement to the cloud sync speeds in the later versions (8.1. & 8.1.1) ?

Parents
  • Hello,

I think you would see some improvement with the latest versions, but there could be ways to optimize this in the sync configuration as well.

So definitely check for outstanding patches for the synchronization project (via the sync editor) and consider applying the latest service pack (SP4).  Going to the latest version would be much better, of course.

Is the sync configuration out of box?

Without seeing a complete TRACE log it would be hard to determine if the latency is due to Exchange, or something else.  We have seen cases where the wait is with Exchange, so it would be worth running some tests, i.e. via PowerShell.

I hope that helps.

Trevor

• Hi Trevor, The syncs are pretty much OoTB configs, I'd say only one CCC_attribute added (in 8.0.1 the system was still lacking proxyaddresses from the cloud schema). But we will continue with some tests and the update to 8.1.1. is coming at some point this year given that 8.0.1. is EOL...

Reply Children
No Data