System user WebAppService**** and dynamic system user CCC-*****

Hello dear experts,

I´m working for a customer and he asked me pretty interessting questions regarding the (dynamic-) system users. He noticed, that there are a few named like WebAppService_**** and CCC-**** created by the One IM system and he wants to know:

1. For what are these system users exactly been used?

2. Is it possible to login with these users?

I was only able to answer him the question Nr.2 -> As far as I know it is not possible to login with these system users like with e.g. the "viadmin". But unfortunately I can`t answer him question Nr.1. I know, that the system users WebAppService_*** are used internally by OneIM to proceed with updates, but I don`t know how to explain/analyze it step by step.

Can someone of you please tell me, if I can find out where these specific system users are used and by what (e.g. module, webserver, appserver, etc.) they have been created?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Niko

• Hello Niko,

A WebAppService_* user is created on installation of a web application. The password for such a user is randomly created at installation time and stored in the encrypted web.config file. The only purpose of this user is to allow the web application to log in to load data outside of a user's authentication context.

The CCC_* users are required to manage combinations of role-based permission groups. These users are only required internally and it is not possible to log in with such a user manually.

Hope this helps

Hanno

• Hello Hanno,

thank you for the fast reply. Yes, this answer absolutely helps me. I knew, that the mentioned system users were created by OneIM, but I didn`t know exactly how they`ve been used. I hope, that this answer is detailed enough for the customer.

Thanks and best regards

Niko