IBM i LDAP provisioning accounts issue - provisioning gets frozen with error message “the object does not exist”

Hello all,

I have the following issue:

I have two systems, one in version 7.0.2 and the other one in version 9.0. A custom AS400 LDAP connector was built few years ago on version 7.0.2 and that works as expected. 

As a copy of the system got upgraded In version 9, the connector needed to be rebuild to support the version. 

The configuration of the connector on both environments is exactly the same, but while the version 7.0.2 system can provision account creation normally without problems, the version 9.0 system is giving a frozen job. 

By trace logging from one identify side and ldap side as well, it seems version 7.0.2 first checks if the object exists and if not creates it, while version 9.0 system is just searching in ldap for the object and if it doesn’t find it it terminates and gives me a frozen job that “the object doesn’t exist”.

Any ideas why there is this difference on the behaviour while the configuration is the same ?

The account used for these actions is the same on both environments.