Unable to connect with the service account for one of a client while trying to enter the user account for installing and operating the service.

Dear All,

Currently, we are having an issue with one of our clients and this is a new implementation project for OIM, with OIM 9.1 version.

Steps to reproduce:

1) We have created a path for the installation of OIM in folder C:\OIM\One IdentityManager9.1.zip\One IdentityManager9.1\One Identity Manager9.1

2) After doing the autorun.exe

3) Go to installation -> One Identity Manager -> Install

4) Set Language as English

5) Agree the terms

6) Installation Source: C:\OIM\One IdentityManager9.1.zip\One IdentityManager9.1\One Identity Manager9.1 (same as above)

Installation folder: C:\Program Files\One Identity\One Identity Manager

7) Assign machine roles: select workstation by default (all options), Documentation, Server -> Job Server-> Configuration tool, here I didn't select the Database Agent.

8) Install automatically, Microsoft Edge webview2

9) Change service properties as default (No changes done)

10) Once the setup with installation is successfully completed, I clicked on Configuration wizard -> Run

11) In the Config wizard, I selected Create and Install database.

12) Gave the server name\instance and the credentials shared by the DB team, with the user ID and password.

13) Create DB with default information, with installation source as shown above.

14) Left the default configuration modules and clicked next.

15) Created a new Server login for the database by selecting the 1st option (Create new SQL Logins for the DB)

16) Created login for configuration and end users for OneIM_Config and OneIM_User

17) In system information, gave Customer full name as Client Name

18) Set the password for System Users like Synchronization, viadmin, and viCaptureAgent. 

19) In the same view, set the permissions group by default.

20) Skipped database encryption to enable database encrpyption

21) In Service Installation, by default, it has taken the DB server information in the computer field.

22) For the service account, I have given the user ID and password shared by the client, and Machine roles as Server, Job Server, Configuration tool set, but I was hit with a roadblock and was unable to proceed forward with error Open Policy failed.

As the client has created a service account, within a domain user group and we are trying access the same, but we are unable to move forward with the implementation.

Did anyone come across the same, if so please share some light on it.

Please let me know if you need more information, I can send some details on this installation issue.

Regards,

Srikar