This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PWM 4.6 and 5.7 instances on One Domain Question...

Hello,

I'm looking to create a new Password Manager 5.7 instance fora customer that has an existing implementation of 4.6. 

They are looking to use both solutions while they determine if they are able to migrate the users to the new version.  My first concern is the Password Manager on the DC.  Will I be able to install a second password filter?  Will 5.7 see the filter for 4.6?

I imagine I'll be able to scope the users correctly to keep the instances from managing each others users.  That is not a large concern of mine at this point.

I recently began working with Password Manager, so I I'm not familiar with 4.6 and the changes that have come since then.  Any insight to issues to this implementation would be helpful.

Thank you,

-Kyle Wash

• Kyle,

Unfortunately, you cannot run two versions of PM in the same domain, so there really isn't an ability to run them side-by-side for comparisons. You are probably better off installing the new version in a lab for them to test with.

Also worth pointing out, Password Manager4.6 cannot be upgraded directly to 5.7. It has to be migrated to 5.6.x/5.5.3 first and then can be moved to 5.7.

Hope this helps,

-joe
  • correct.
    #1. Password Complexity Filters feature deployed by PWM on the DC (as GPO) is the point of PWM deployments (here 4.x and 5.x) to overlap. Such configuration, probably, was not tested and, therefore , not supported. Nobody knows how PWM 5.x willact on top of DC w/PWM4.6 Password Complexity Policy (and vise versa).
    #2. If you would Not deploy PWM Password Complexity Policy module on DC, then, probably, you would have a chance to have independent coexistence 4.x and 5.x given (a) complete segregation of AD users in workflows (AD\PWM57_Allow_Group, AD\PWM46_Allow_Groups), (b) separate GPO 46,57 SPE (ex-Gina) push to segregated list of PC/Laptops, (c) separate DMZ\PWM46, PWM57 Websites