This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password manager 5.8. Users getting the "user must reset password " flag after initial registration.

After initial registration is complete some users are having the "user must reset password at next logon" flag set without ever touching the Forgot my Password button.. This has also happened to people who are half through answering their questions in the registration and get interrupted (phone, walk up conversation, etc) and the pc locks up. 

I don't see a setting for any of this, anybody else seen this?

Leed

Parents
  • Hello Leed,

We have found that after upgrade, if user goes through old “My Q&A Profile” and makes any change, then it flags “user must change password at next logon” flag.

The solution is to remove the old "My Q&A Profile" from workflow and have users use the new 5.8 workflow.

Thanks

Stephen

• Hello Leed,

We have found that after upgrade, if user goes through old “My Q&A Profile” and makes any change, then it flags “user must change password at next logon” flag.

The solution is to remove the old "My Q&A Profile" from workflow and have users use the new 5.8 workflow.

Thanks

Stephen

Children
  • Hey Stephen,

We did not do an upgrade when we installed 5.8. And, so far, most of the clients showing an issue have newly built Win10 that never had the old agent on them.

How can I track down the workflow? Is there any logging I can enable that will show the registration process and user interaction?

• We have not seen this issue related to the SPE or Windows versions.  Please determine the exact steps the user are following which lead to the issue encountered.  You can enable verbose logging within the PMAdmin site-> general settings-> logging-> verbose logging.  I would not recommend leaving verbose logging on too long as it will impact performance and fill up disk space.  However once the issue has been reproduced you can review the verbose log to see the steps the user is following.

Thanks

Stephen