SPP and SPS hardware models

i have 2 question please

what is the hardware models for SPS or it is available virtual only ?

what is the hardware models for SPP or it is available virtual only ?

i have a SUPERMICRO model 815-5 with 4 hard disk, is it a server not one identity hardware right ?

i have 2 disk in the server that has red led ?? reboot and also red led .

Parents Reply Children
  • I  understand that SPP and SPS used Supermicro as a server then install the VM on it . right ?

Is Supermicro is One identity server only that installed SPS and SPP only or open source server like ESXI ?

is there hardware appliance for one identity product like other vendors or all are software that installed on Servers ??

1. One Identity Safeguard 2000 Appliance (SPP) uses the hardware model Supermicro 113TQ-R700WB

is this server model related to SPP 2000 only or can install any vm on it ?

could you explain in details this

Not sure if the one you have Supermicro model 815-5 with 4 hard disk is a One Identity hardware, if you have a serial number, you may open a service request to verify if that belongs to our inventory.

did you mean that there are an open source supermicro and one identity super micro or what ?

• Hi Amr,

Our SPP and SPS products are available both as VMs and as hardware appliances.

The hardware that we used is custom designed for our products that are also hardened for security purposes.

We have a few different models of appliances available depending on how much processing is required for your needs.

The servers are ready to use out of the box and the product comes pre-installed on the hardware.

I'm not sure if that answers your questions?

• Hi Clint.

first i would like to thank you, so please find my query below.

Our SPP and SPS products are available both as VMs and as hardware appliances.

i understand that but the device SUPERMICRO is your HWappliance or public server and pre-installed with your SW

The hardware that we used is custom designed for our products that are also hardened for security purposes.

give me please example about this.

is Supermicro is one-identity preparatory or not ?

We have a few different models of appliances available depending on how much processing is required for your needs.

yes understand could you give me a page for products 

The servers are ready to use out of the box and the product comes pre-installed on the hardware. 

i can not get this point

• Our appliances are custom built. We work with a hardware supplier that builds the servers and installs our software on them. They are shipped from the factory with all of the required software and are ready to setup as soon as you receive them.

There is no option to use different hardware, other than the models we provide. Unless you want to use the VM version.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• thanks for your reply

the server SUPERMICRO-T4 is the one identity appliance that work as SPP or SPS directy without install a VM first on it its right ?

i have this server but there was 2 hard disk that give me  RED led all time

• Hi Amr

Reading through the thread it seems to me you are getting too hung up on the server platform here.

One Identity supply the Safeguard SPP appliance as a hardened appliance. A black box that you cannot install or change any software on other than via the Safeguard SPP application.

One Identity do not supply the SPP as a server onto which you can install your own software. It arrives pre-configured. Prior to version 2.8 this pre-configured appliance did run the OEM cut down Balabit SPS solution as a VM but again this came pre-installed any you could not make changes it it other than via the Safeguard interface.

With the acquisition of Balabit One Identity and the release of the 2.8 release One Identity are now offering the SPP and SPS solution as either a virtual appliance or as the original hardened appliance. The latter being more secure for SPP as there is no interaction with or need to harden the Hypervisor.

If you have an actual Safeguard appliance and it is not booting then you need to contact Support and see if they can help.

If it boots to the kiosk then you may be able to do a factory reset. Again Support will b able to assist with a factor reset and provide the one time key you will need.

If you cannot boot to kiosk then you may need an RMA appliance.  Again Support can help and advise here.

Your maintenance contract covers you for an advance replacement. One Identity do not send out spare parts.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Tim

• Hi.

As new deployment we have deploy 5 hardware appliances (3 SPP and 2 SPS).We started the initial configuration  for all appliances and updated them to 7.0 LTS version.

some week after we have been called by the client telling that we cannot access the 3 SPP and one of the SPS.

After checking all the 4 appliances have HDD red led. We have submit the case to the support and RMA proccess have been initiated.

We recently recieved 2 new HDD for replacement.But the support confirmed that we should reinstall the appliance since the HDD provided is not peloaded with SPS software.

How can we reinstall SPS hardware appliances???

• For SPP appliances, you would need to RMA the complete appliance and not just the disks

For SPS appliances, you can replace the disk and it should rebuild from existing Raid if its only a single disk failure.

Reinstalling SPS software, if required, can be done via IPMI as mentioned in the installation guide here:

https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/one-identity-safeguard-for-privileged-sessions/7.3.1/installation-guide/4

Thanks!