Why I am getting gateway password prompt for SSH session using SPP?

Hi 

I am getting password prompt while making ssh session from SPP. I have checked all the configuration already in SPS and found nothing related to gateway password prompt. I have one SPP and One SPS

Parents
  • Hello Akanksha,

Please verify if SPS is using port 22 under Basic Settings > Local Services > SSH Server > Listening address and Port and if so, you can change the SSH port here to something different such as 222 for example then confirm that the SSH Control > Connections > verify the connection policy for safeguard_default is using port 22 then test again.

Doing this, if you need to connect to SPS Shell then use the new port 222 and for SSH Sessions via SPP to SPS those will use the default port 22.

Thanks!

• Hi Tawfiq,

Thanks for response, I checked the same but after this I am start getting error Network connection timed out. 

I think in my case we are reaching to server and it is prompting for gateway password that's means there is some issue with authentication. Please suggest what needs to configure for client to sps authentication.

Do we have to configure something in desktop agent or we need to create some policy in user mapping ?

• Hi Akanksha,

Could you check under SSH Control > Authentication Policies > Expand safeguard_default > make sure that Gateway authentication method: are all unchecked and that Relayed authentication methods: Password and Keyboard-Interactive are enabled.

Then confirm that the SSH Control > Connection > expand safeguard_default > make sure that the policies are set as below:

• Hi Akanksha,

Could you check under SSH Control > Authentication Policies > Expand safeguard_default > make sure that Gateway authentication method: are all unchecked and that Relayed authentication methods: Password and Keyboard-Interactive are enabled.

Then confirm that the SSH Control > Connection > expand safeguard_default > make sure that the policies are set as below:

Children
No Data