best practice to upgrade SPP and SPS

recently i upgraded SPP and SPS followind the admin guide. The classic process is to upload a file for both architecture but we had a issue with a customer and also the support didn't know the root cause. So as partner we are thinking for a much safer process. Which is the best suggestion to upgrade doing all the possible to prevent any issue about the upgrade process? We are thinking for ex for SPP to upgrade only one node (replica making it a primary node) and disconnecting other two. After a couple of days upgrading other two or one at a time. For SPS the same, first for ex upgrade the central management disconnecting the managed host for a couple of days and then doing the upgrade also for this node and join it again. Something like that. Is it possible? is it something that we can think about it or is better not because the infrastructure need all the join between the SPP and SPS and is not possible to unjoin a join again many times or in a bad way? thanks a lot

Parents
  • Hi Dario,

I would recommend to have a test environment where upgrades or changes in general can be tested before being implementing in the production environment. However, I do understand that this might not always be possible for every customer. We are aware of this particular issue and it is being addressed.

Thanks!

• Hi Dario,

I would recommend to have a test environment where upgrades or changes in general can be tested before being implementing in the production environment. However, I do understand that this might not always be possible for every customer. We are aware of this particular issue and it is being addressed.

Thanks!

Children
No Data