This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Manage Multiple Forest

Hello Guys,

I have two forest. ARS is installed in one forest and is perfectly working fine. I need to use the same ARS installation to provision / re-provision / de-provision users in another forest.

I have created a trust between this two forest. Created a separate ARS service account (member of domain admin and exchange organization admin) in another.

What are the necessary pre-requisite for such setup?
Do I have to install ARS service in the other forest as well?

Thanks
sameer
Parents
  • Hi Mathew

I have used an override account. The service account in my abc.com domain is separate and the service account in my xyz.com domain is separate. While adding both the accounts I have specified respective service accounts.

I have done the following now.

I opened the ARS MMC under the abc\ars account and added abc domain as managed domain
    I opened another ARS MMC under the xyz\ars account and added xyz domain as managed domain
    Using respective service accounts I am able to create users and mailboxes in respective domains using ARS MMC
    I accessed the AD using ARSWebsite from both the forest using respective service accounts i.e. ARSwebsite from abc domain under abc\ars account and xyz\ars from xyz domain but it points to the same domain i.e. ABC.
    How do I make the websites point to respective domains?

Regards,
    Sameer
  • Hi Mathew

I have used an override account. The service account in my abc.com domain is separate and the service account in my xyz.com domain is separate. While adding both the accounts I have specified respective service accounts.

I have done the following now.

I opened the ARS MMC under the abc\ars account and added abc domain as managed domain
    I opened another ARS MMC under the xyz\ars account and added xyz domain as managed domain
    Using respective service accounts I am able to create users and mailboxes in respective domains using ARS MMC
    I accessed the AD using ARSWebsite from both the forest using respective service accounts i.e. ARSwebsite from abc domain under abc\ars account and xyz\ars from xyz domain but it points to the same domain i.e. ABC.
    How do I make the websites point to respective domains?

Regards,
    Sameer
Children
No Data