This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Manage Multiple Forest

Hello Guys,

I have two forest. ARS is installed in one forest and is perfectly working fine. I need to use the same ARS installation to provision / re-provision / de-provision users in another forest.

I have created a trust between this two forest. Created a separate ARS service account (member of domain admin and exchange organization admin) in another.

What are the necessary pre-requisite for such setup?
Do I have to install ARS service in the other forest as well?

Thanks
sameer
Parents
  • Aidar.. Thank you.. the concern i have wouldn't be addressed by support case. You've provided good information.. just to be sure let me reiterate my situation.
    I have linked 20+ domains from 6 forests in ARS. ARS server and master service account is in one of the managed domain/forest. My exchange guys are implementing exchange in each forest. So, I need to cut a remote mailbox for users in each managed domains in their respective exchange environment. To do this, I will configure the exchange policy. My question is will i be able to see the respective exchange configuration in the policy for each managed domain or the policy will always display exchange configuration of the ARS server home forest?

I am doing this to have exchange in hybrid mode while O365 integration is underway for remaining forests and also to support multiple smtp address.
  • Aidar.. Thank you.. the concern i have wouldn't be addressed by support case. You've provided good information.. just to be sure let me reiterate my situation.
    I have linked 20+ domains from 6 forests in ARS. ARS server and master service account is in one of the managed domain/forest. My exchange guys are implementing exchange in each forest. So, I need to cut a remote mailbox for users in each managed domains in their respective exchange environment. To do this, I will configure the exchange policy. My question is will i be able to see the respective exchange configuration in the policy for each managed domain or the policy will always display exchange configuration of the ARS server home forest?

I am doing this to have exchange in hybrid mode while O365 integration is underway for remaining forests and also to support multiple smtp address.
Children
No Data