This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possible to attached Workflow output as CSV?

Hi,

I'm using a scheduled Workflow to first locate and then deprovision inactive user accounts in AD. By itself the Workflow is fine (only using native tasks) and with the option enabled to "Attach a report of workflow execution to notification message", I receive a little HTML file with the overview of what happened, which accounts were found etc etc. Unfortunately, in their efforts to make the HTML "look nice", its kind of lost its functionality as a "raw output file". In other words, the HTML isn't that easy for administrators looking to create a quick overview or transfer results into Excel file etc

My question is whether or not it would be possible to have the output of the initial Query delivered/exported as a CSV file? So just to have a few values of each account (username etc) in a CSV? Best would be to have that file delivered along with a "Workflow has been executed successfully" message.

Thanks in advance for your help! Best regards,

Michiel

PS: Running ARS v6.9

Parents
  • Hey Jamal,

Thanks for the info! Good to see this request was already raised by yourself (but then again, if it was years ago already, I won't hold my breath for delivery).

Regarding the scripted solution you mentioned; could you maybe give me a little pointer on how such a script would like (very basic of course)? I don't have much experience with composing those.. Also, I assume this script would just have be added right after the "Find users" step in the workflow? Or is it triggered differently?
  • Hey Jamal,

Thanks for the info! Good to see this request was already raised by yourself (but then again, if it was years ago already, I won't hold my breath for delivery).

Regarding the scripted solution you mentioned; could you maybe give me a little pointer on how such a script would like (very basic of course)? I don't have much experience with composing those.. Also, I assume this script would just have be added right after the "Find users" step in the workflow? Or is it triggered differently?
Children
No Data