This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add Managed Unit to Self Service Site

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to add a managed unit to self-service webportal in ARS?

I also need to add the search option to the self-service site.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have both 6.9 and 7 that i use to manage separate domains.

We plan to move to 7 for the other but have not got there yet.

Thank you,

Lu

Parents
  • I would suggest you use the edsvaPublished virual attribute to include groups in your MU.  Stamp this to TRUE on groups you want in there and then reference this virtual attribute in your membership rule.

The next part is setting the delegation on the MU.

You want to make the Primary Owner as the Trustee (this is an AR built-in object/alias) - you can find in the AR object picker and then select the "Self - Group Management" access template (found under the User Self Management category of pre-defined Access Templates) to grant the Owner access.

This should get you down the path you want.

• I would suggest you use the edsvaPublished virual attribute to include groups in your MU.  Stamp this to TRUE on groups you want in there and then reference this virtual attribute in your membership rule.

The next part is setting the delegation on the MU.

You want to make the Primary Owner as the Trustee (this is an AR built-in object/alias) - you can find in the AR object picker and then select the "Self - Group Management" access template (found under the User Self Management category of pre-defined Access Templates) to grant the Owner access.

This should get you down the path you want.

Children
No Data