This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARS Server Collector

Hello,

I have the same question as here: https://www.quest.com/community/products/one-identity/f/active-roles/10750/ars-server-collector/29411

But because there are only answers which don't answer the question I'm gonne give it a try.

Can someone tell me where I can find the configuration for a EDM Collector task, I've searched the registry for the task ID and found it but this doesn't contain the configuration only the database name etc. I've also looked in the database but didn't see any configuration settings. So where is the configuration for these tasks saved?

And is it possible to  reconfigure an existing EDM Collector task?

I have implemented ARS 6.9.

Thank you.

• 1. AR Collector Job is Scheduled Task in Windows Task Scheduler on Windows Server.
    2. AR Collector Wizard helps to setup the AR Collector Job (in Windows Task Scheduler).
    3. (Change - not allowed) Recreate AR Collector Job will require run AR Collector Wizard (which will ask (a) AR ADmin credentials to access AR Server, (b) local admin to update/create Scheduled Task in Windows Scheduler and access SQL\ARReporting db)

• Hello Aidar,

Thank you for your reply.
    But your third step is not correct, it is not possible from AR Collector Wizard to change/update an existing task.

UPDATE:

Thanks for your update.
    I can recreate a new job, but after the weekend I have probably forgotten how I configured the task ;) So I still would like to know where the configuration of the job is saved. I already searched the local system also using procmon but didn't find anything so I assume it is not stored there. So it's probably in the SQL database...

• Anyone have solution where can I find collector task scheduler exist in the server machine, location. I want to edit the already created collector task.
  • #1. Install MSI: ARS Collector and ARS SSRS Reports is spearate MSI in the install package. Optional, not installed by default.
    #2. ARS Collector UI is available in Programs, after install #1. Run to schedule the collection job.
    #3. ARS Collector uses native Windows Server Task Scheduler (you cna see the #2. scheduled job)