This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

O365 Distribution Group Sync to ARS

I have a bunch of O365 Distribution Groups that I used to bring down into ARS via the sync tool.  The issue is whenever I add someone to the group it doesn't update in O365.  When I add someone to the managed by field it doesn't update the owner field of the object.  I do know if I create a DL in ARS and check the box for to create it in Azure, there's no issues.  I have over 300 Distribution Groups in O365 that I need to have ARS manage.  How can I go about pulling those groups down and have the ability to manage them.  Do I have to create a 2-way sync via the sync tool or can I just pull them in and manage them that way?  I did make sure that the O365 enabled attribute is set for TRUE as part of the sync.

Parents
  • (my understanding) in ARS 7.2 there is three scenario possible:
    #1. MSFT Hypbrid Mode: MSFT AADConnector Syncs onprem AD/EX - AAD/O365 cloud. ARS manages onprem AD objects only.
    #2. MSFT Hypbrid Mode: MSFT AADConnector Syncs onprem AD/EX - AAD/O365 cloud. ARS manages onprem AD objects and ad-hoc (no bulk sync) AAD/O365 mbxs (assume ARS O365 Feature is enabled)
    #3. It is possible to make ARS to do Bulk Sync instead of MSFT AADConnector, give MSFT ADConnector is not in place
  • (my understanding) in ARS 7.2 there is three scenario possible:
    #1. MSFT Hypbrid Mode: MSFT AADConnector Syncs onprem AD/EX - AAD/O365 cloud. ARS manages onprem AD objects only.
    #2. MSFT Hypbrid Mode: MSFT AADConnector Syncs onprem AD/EX - AAD/O365 cloud. ARS manages onprem AD objects and ad-hoc (no bulk sync) AAD/O365 mbxs (assume ARS O365 Feature is enabled)
    #3. It is possible to make ARS to do Bulk Sync instead of MSFT AADConnector, give MSFT ADConnector is not in place
Children
No Data