This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing Mailbox Features in ARS using PowerShell.

Hello,

I am fairly new to ARS and the way that it interfaces with Exchange... Hopefully there will be an easy answer to this but I have yet to find it. When I am looking at a user using the QAD PowerShell commandlets, I am looking for the attributes associated with mailbox features so that I can hopefully turn them off or on using a script. So far, I have not been able to locate these attributes so that I can modify them. I have also tried to standard MS Exchange commandlets which allow me to read the mailbox features from a DC using Get-CASMailbox, however when I try to user Set-CASMailbox, none of the switches are available for me to change the features.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jacob.

• These attributes are virtual attributes in ARS and start with the 'edsva' prefix. Make sure you issue the command "Connect-QADService -Proxy" if running the PowerShell command locally on the AR server so that you can get access to these attributes.

edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-owa-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-imap4-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-mapi-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-uptodatenotifications-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-oma-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-pop3-enable : True
    edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-activesync-enable : True
    edsva-MsExch-ProcessExternalMeetingMessages :
    edsva-MsExch-ProtocolSettings-ActiveSync-PolicyDN :
    edsva-MsExch-ProtocolSettings-IMAP4-Config :
    edsva-MsExch-ProtocolSettings-OWA-PolicyDN :
    edsva-MsExch-ProtocolSettings-POP3-Config :
  • These attributes are virtual attributes in ARS and start with the 'edsva' prefix.

• These attributes are virtual attributes in ARS and start with the 'edsva' prefix.

• Awesome, one step closer...

So how do I then modify these virtual attributes within ARS using PowerShell? I am not able to with the Set-QADUser command, at least the way that I am trying to run it. I also cannot return these virtual attributes with the Get-QADUser command either.
  • If you are running these commands directly on the Active Roles Server itself, be sure to first issue a "Connect-QADService -Proxy" command to connect to the Administration Service. Otherwise the MgmtShell connects to AD and you won't be able to see or modify these attrbiutes.
  • Alright, that worked as far as returning the virtual attributes with Get-QADUser using the -Proxy switch. Now I am struggling to modify the virtual attribute using Set-QADUser with the -Proxy switch. How would I change one of these from true to false or vice versa since it is not a switch included with the commandlet?
  • That's just a syntax thing for the Quest cmdlets:

set-qaduser -proxy -identity "jsmith" -objectattributes @{'edsva-msexch-protocolsettings-owa-enable'=$True}
  • Thank you to both Richard.Lambert and JohnnyQuest for the assistance! This is exactly what I was looking for.