This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LAPS attribute not visible under "Access Templates" in Active Roles Console

Hi all,

I've added the LAPS attribute "ms-Mcs-AdmPwd" in the Web Interface, so that the local admin password is visible under computer object. That worked fine and the password is there.
Now I've tried to restrict the visibility to the password, so that only some specific groups are able to see the local admin password.

So, I tried to create a Access Template in Active Roles Console, but when showing all possible classes, the attribute "ms-Mcs-AdmPwd" is not in the list to select.

Is there a way to make the attribute available in the "Access Templates" section or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Micha

Parents
  • Hi Micha,

The "ms-Mcs-AdmPwd" property should be visible as part of the Computer class - you probably have to enable the "Show all possible properties" option at the bottom for it to show up though, but after that the property should appear just like the other Computer attributes!

• Thanks Michiel

I've tried this already, all other attributes like e.g. "ms-FVE-RecoveryInformation" are available there, only the Laps Attribute "ms-Mcs-AdmPwd" is not in the list.

• Strange indeed - but are you sure you're looking under the Properties of the Computer class? The "ms-FVE-RecoveryInformation" is a separate class (next to Computer), but the ms-Mcs-AdmPwd" is a Property/Attribute of the Computer class! See below for what it looks like on this end (on the "Apply Onto" tab I first set the scope to "Computer"):

Active Roles Computer Attribute for ms-Mcs-AdmPwd

• Unfotunately I can't see your attached Picture. Are you able to send me a Weblink or something?
    When I'm checking a computerobject it self in the AD tree in MMC the LAPS attrubute is visible, so I assume the account has the right permission.

What I've tried is following:
    - Rightclick on "Access Templates" --> New --> Access Template
    - Name "blablabla"
    - Next --> Add --> Only the following classes: --> Show all possible classes --> NO LAPS ATTRIBUTE VISIBLE

• - Next --> Add --> Only the following classes: --> Show all possible classes --> NO LAPS ATTRIBUTE VISIBLE

That's my point exactly - when you browse for a class, don't look for the LAPS attribute but pick the "Computer" class instead!! After that, you can pick the LAPS attribute/property.

(BTW, my picture is here: i.imgur.com/GGIcSZ6.png)

• Thanks mate, one step further.

I am missing the "Object Properties" pane, like on your Picture. Is this something I have to enable? (Running V.7.2.1)

Reply Children