This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Perform batch operations on User objects from the web client

Has anyone been able to create a custom command that can be performed against multiple selected objects?  I created a custom command that would set the edsvaProtectFromDeletion attribute to 'TRUE', but this command only appears when a single objects is selected.  I tried to modify the edsaWICommands attribute on the edsWICustomizationSettings object,  in an attempt to make my custom command work like the 'Delete' task, when multiple items are selected.  The settings I found on 'Delete' command looked promising, but they didn't work:
<Setting Name="Resources.ForMulti.Title" Value="WIS_TITLE" />
<Setting Name="Resources.ForMulti.ForAllMsg" Value="WIS_COMMAND_APPLY_TO_ALL" />
<Setting Name="Resources.ForMulti.ErrorForAllMsg" Value="WIS_COMMAND_ERROR_APPLY_TO_ALL" />
<Setting Name="IsBatchOperationOnSearchResults" Value="True" />

I believe you might have to create a custom handler to process the changes for multiple objects, but I am not sure this is possible.  When I look at the delete command in the edsaWICommands attribute, the entry contained and additional entry for 'ServerExecutor'.
    <Setting Name="ClientExecutor" Value="ActiveRoles.Web.AjaxControls.Cmd.DeleteExec" />
    <Setting Name="ServerExecutor" Value="ActiveRoles.Web.Application.CommandHandlers.BatchCommand.DeleteExecutor, ActiveRoles.Web.Application" />

• Hello, Michael.

You shouldn't need to create a custom handler. In edsaWICommands, have a look at playing with the BatchOperations setting (for example, /Tasks/Task[@ID="Content"]/Setting[@Name="BatchOperations"] has a value that includes the ObjectDeprovision command).

Note that I haven't actually tested this myself yet, but I'm led to believe that it should work.