This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

add-member object picker

Hi all

i use an ARS web site to allow admin to manage groups' membership. 

When you click Add members, you have an object picker windows from where you have to choose users to add.

I would like to restrict the objects list for objects which match with this filter:

"(|(&(objectclass=contact)(!name=john*))(&(msExchRecipientTypeDetails=*)(objectclass=user)(admindescription=xxx)))"

I have tried to adapt the KB 263705 and modify this line <Setting Name="Filters" Value="(objectClass=*)" /> with the filter i want.

The result in not good.

Do you know where i have to set this filter in order to limit the add members possible objects?

thanks for your help

Parents
  • Hi,

I'm using the script mentioned in this thread to accomplish something similar:
    www.quest.com/.../group-membership-restrictions-policy---members-count-restriction-not-functional

Out of the box, this script can be included in AR policies and allows you to restrict the group's members to only contain objects in certain OUs, so not exactly using the filter you described. You could consider adding that logic in there yourself? The script also allows the maximum number of group members to be capped and restricted at certain amounts which could also be useful in some scenarios.

• Hi Michiel

Thanks for your answer. Your solution is different of what i want to. I would like to restrict the objects to pick in the object picker itself.

I have tried a solution to set a Managed Unit based on my criteria as the source of the search scope but i don't know how to set it by default and set it as read-only.

May someone knows how to do it or have another solution.

Thanks

• Hi Michiel

Thanks for your answer. Your solution is different of what i want to. I would like to restrict the objects to pick in the object picker itself.

I have tried a solution to set a Managed Unit based on my criteria as the source of the search scope but i don't know how to set it by default and set it as read-only.

May someone knows how to do it or have another solution.

Thanks

Children
No Data