New Installation - SyncService - Existing Database

Hello, we started to use ARS two weeks ago. We had no problem to install the Admin Service. Now I've tried to setup the SyncService and our Database guys already create an empty database for that. But during installation I get the following error:

Error occured when configuring Synchronization Service.

Details: The configuration database name you specified already exists. Specify a different name.

How can I use a pre-created database during setup of SyncService?

Thank you!

Parents
  • #1. ARSync Configuration Wizard might not (?) allow to have pre-created DB (unfortunately, hard to justify).

#2. WorkaroundA: give AD\svc-arsync-service SQL\db_creator (DBA might not allow)

#3. WorkaroundB: use DB from Lab (created as in #2.). Copy the Lab\SQL\ARSync db into Prod\SQL. The DB already contains schema and you will be able to point Prod\ARSync service to existing non-empty DB of the same version.

• #1. ARSync Configuration Wizard might not (?) allow to have pre-created DB (unfortunately, hard to justify).

#2. WorkaroundA: give AD\svc-arsync-service SQL\db_creator (DBA might not allow)

#3. WorkaroundB: use DB from Lab (created as in #2.). Copy the Lab\SQL\ARSync db into Prod\SQL. The DB already contains schema and you will be able to point Prod\ARSync service to existing non-empty DB of the same version.

Children
No Data