Capabilities with Azure AD / O365

Hi,

I have a few questions in regards to Active Roles and Azure AD.

What are the limitations in what exactly can be managed with Active Roles in regards to Azure AD and Office 365 when in a hyrbid scenario using AAD Connect?

Is it possible for Exchange Onlne mailboxes to be managed (permissions, etc)?

What exactly do the following Azure related parameters do in the New-ADUser cmdlet as if I create a normal AD user that is in scope of AAD Connect then it will provision to Azure AD automatically.

-AzureUserAccountEnabled

-AzureOffice365enabled

Am I correct in saying that ARS cannot write any settings direct to the O365 recipients in a federated environment (even cloud only settings that aren't managed on-premises)?

Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • very well stated question. 

I recommend to open SR to get official answer and roadmap of the product (ARS) capabilities in both short and long run. Integration AD/Exchange - AAD/O365 is ever changing ongoing subject for objective market reasons, on one side. On another side: it requires to make long term strategic decisions on IT side.

You may consider to contact PSO to clarify the story. I personally crossed the situation few times in my practice for last 5+ years. It is very hard to fit the topic in the forum format.

• very well stated question. 

I recommend to open SR to get official answer and roadmap of the product (ARS) capabilities in both short and long run. Integration AD/Exchange - AAD/O365 is ever changing ongoing subject for objective market reasons, on one side. On another side: it requires to make long term strategic decisions on IT side.

You may consider to contact PSO to clarify the story. I personally crossed the situation few times in my practice for last 5+ years. It is very hard to fit the topic in the forum format.

Children