An error occurs when I add a secondary owner to a distribution list

When I try to add a secondary owner to a DL I am the owner of, the system gives me this error:

An error occurred during this operation. For details, see the error description below.
  • Activity 'Run script: PHI-Owner Description Update' in workflow 'PHI-Owner Description Update' returned an error. At line: 25 char:64. You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

I have never had problems with this operation, so it is something new and I don't know how to fix this.

Thank you for your help!

Laura

• Hi Laura

From the error you've supplied, it looks like you have an Change Workflow called "PHI-Owner Description Update", which has an activity within it which calls a  Policy Script (which just so happens to be) called "PHI-Owner Description Update"

The error message is is saying that some operation that the script is attempting to do, can't be done as the value/variable is empty. 

The value could be empty for a number of reason, but to get to the bottom of the error, you'll need to have a look at the "PHI-Owner Description Update" Policy Script, and review what it is trying to do on line 25. All script are located within "CN=Script Modules,CN=Configuration" (it could be in a sub container)

Once you find the script, if you're happy to share it, I may be able to assist. Also if you can explain what the purpose of the workflow is (including start condition and filters), we might be able to do something to prevent the script/workflow for firing if the value is not present. Or add code to the script to finish cleanly, rather than error on an exception.

Cheers

Stu