edsvaSecondaryOwner Details

Hello All,

This maybe a dumb question, but I was curious if anybody can shed some light on the "edsvaSecondaryOwner" attribute. I see from the naming convention that it is a virtual attribute in the ARS schema, however when I pull up a list of Virtual Attributes in the ARS console (Configuration | Server Configuration | Virtual Attributes), it is not there. Any information on where this is stored in ARS, or if there are other "canned" virtual attributes that are not listed under Server Configuration that I should be aware of.  (I am trying to learn all I can about ARS, and this caught my eye.)

Thank you kindly.

• Hi Julia

There are quite a few virtual attributes in Active Roles (prefix with either EDSA or EDSVA), you can find these in the Active Roles console via Configuration | Application Configuration | Consolidated Schema (Some OOTB VAs are not display in the Virtual Attribute container, to be honest I'm not sure why, but makes life easier trying to find your own custom VAs).

That container as the name suggests the consolidate Schema of the Active Directory domains you're connect to and the Schema from Active Roles.

You'll also find display specifiers listed under Configuration | Application Configuration | Consolidated Display Specifiers. There are other containers where you could add your own display specifiers as needed.

Cheers

Stu

• An interesting thing I discovered about this attribute is that there is a native AD equivalent applicable to Microsoft Exchange distribution lists:  msExchCoManagedByLink