Bulk Removal of users from a group

I'm not very good with scripting, but what I am looking for is a workflow that is run manually to bulk remove a lot of users from a security group based off a CSV.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Parents
  • I once created a similar solution for a customer using an Automation Workflow.

The workflow was listed in the Web UI list of workflows and we granted certain users permission to run it.

In that case, within the workflow, there was a script activity (Powershell script) to bulk load users into a group.

The user was prompted for the name of the CSV input file by way of a Workflow Parameter.  The "trick" here was that that the selection of the input file itself was driven by a small script that read the contents of a specific folder on the Active Roles server that contained potential input files.  This list of files was then presented by the workflow parameter functionality to allow the user to pick which file they wanted to use for input.  It sounds a bit clumsy but it worked out OK from the customer's point of view.

• I once created a similar solution for a customer using an Automation Workflow.

The workflow was listed in the Web UI list of workflows and we granted certain users permission to run it.

In that case, within the workflow, there was a script activity (Powershell script) to bulk load users into a group.

The user was prompted for the name of the CSV input file by way of a Workflow Parameter.  The "trick" here was that that the selection of the input file itself was driven by a small script that read the contents of a specific folder on the Active Roles server that contained potential input files.  This list of files was then presented by the workflow parameter functionality to allow the user to pick which file they wanted to use for input.  It sounds a bit clumsy but it worked out OK from the customer's point of view.

Children