Syncing only users without "Disabled" in description attribute

Hi!

I'm using quickconnect to sync two active directories.

In the source Active Directory, there are some users with a description that has the word 'Disabled'. I do not want to sync those users.

In workflow provisioning wizard, if I create a condition description doesn't contain Disabled it does not capture ANY users!

I'm trying to use powershell condition instead due to the issue above.

My condition for the source objects is if ($srcObj["description"] -notcontains '*Disabled*'){$srcObj}

This doesn't work as well (no users are being provisioned). I've checked that if I take this condition out of the picture, all users are captured and synced.

Any ideas? I'm new to this tool.

Thanks!

Parents
  • I just tested this functionality in my lab and it does work, although it is not as obvious as applying a filter at the Connection level.

This is my test Workflow without a filter:

Here is the filter that I applied:

Here are the expected objects that the filter should apply to:

Here are the results with the filter applied:

So, the filtered value is applied to the "Objects to be updated", but it's not in the "Objects not meeting scope conditions". That is for objects which are filtered out at the Connection level.

Please confirm the expected values and you may see that they are matching the actual numbers being updated.

• Thanks so much Terrance for the quick reply Terrance!

This does work for me too. BUT, my requirement is the negative condition (i.e. description DOES NOT contain "go" in your example).

When I try that, it has zero Objects to be updated. Could you please try that in your test environment as see if the behavior is the same for you?

Thanks!

Reply Children