custom attributes are empty--Need to update the value

Hi ALL

i need to have update the extenstion attribute 1, 2,3,,11 with some value so that they can sync with the work day tool. but i can see these values are empty. i have to update these value manually everyday or script. i want to fix them for permanently.

is there anyway to update the through ARS.

If yes please let me know.

Regards 

Rajesh 

Parents
  • Under what circumstances do you need something written to these attributes - for example, on user create?

Are the values placed there always the same or do they depend on something - for example, the Department of the user.

One way or another, you can probably use a combination of provisioning policy and/or a change workflow to populate these.

Need more information on your use case.

• Hi Johny

can you help me there- please let me know what help do you require- i need to fix this.

• For new users, create a Provisioning Policy containing PVG rules for each of your extensionattributes and link the policy (i.e. "Enforce Policy" to the OU(s) where you create your users.  Sample below...

As to the existing users, I would just use a Powershell script to stamp the values you want - i.e. use Get-ADUser to grab the user list and then Set-ADUser to stamp the values you need in the extensionattributes.

• For new users, create a Provisioning Policy containing PVG rules for each of your extensionattributes and link the policy (i.e. "Enforce Policy" to the OU(s) where you create your users.  Sample below...

As to the existing users, I would just use a Powershell script to stamp the values you want - i.e. use Get-ADUser to grab the user list and then Set-ADUser to stamp the values you need in the extensionattributes.

Children