Using the Active Roles 7.2 self service website to update your own manager

I want to use the Active Roles 7.2 self service website ARWebSelfService to allow all users to update their own manager attribute.

I'm using NT AUTHORITY\SELF as the trustee and (Allow - Write manager - user) as the permissions.

When a user clicks "change" on their manager attribute they are receiving the following.

ErrorObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've added (Allow - Read objectClass - user) and (Allow - Read objectClass - Organizational unit) but that didn't help.

Parents
  • I've added (Allow - Read objectClass - user) and (Allow - Read objectClass - Organizational unit) but that didn't help.

Did you allow this for your users across your whole domain or at least all OUs containing potential Managers?  And to whom did you assign these permissions?  i.e. what Trustee group?  I normally create a group called "All Delegated Admins" or some such and grant them the ability to view all of AD (or at least those parts that I know they will need to see in order to support the tasks being performed).

• I've added (Allow - Read objectClass - user) and (Allow - Read objectClass - Organizational unit) but that didn't help.

Did you allow this for your users across your whole domain or at least all OUs containing potential Managers?  And to whom did you assign these permissions?  i.e. what Trustee group?  I normally create a group called "All Delegated Admins" or some such and grant them the ability to view all of AD (or at least those parts that I know they will need to see in order to support the tasks being performed).

Children